Green Pea Soup
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
• 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
• 1 ts fresh ginger, finely chopped
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp butter or olive oil for frying
• 8 dl chicken/vegetarian stock or water and a bullion
• 600g fresh or frozen green peas
• 1 dl cream
• 3 springs of spring onion
• ½ ts pepper
• ½ ts salt
• ½ rosemary
Melt the butter and fry the onion, ginger and garlic until it is soft, about 5 minutes. Then add the stock, salt, pepper and rosemary and let it boil for another 3-4 minutes. Add the peas and bring to a boil. Pour in the cream and use a blender until as smooth as you want it. If the soup is a bit thick add in some more water or stock, if it is too watery let it boil without a lid for a while. Add the chopped spring onion a couple of minutes before serving.
Tip: Want to make the soup a bit more filling? Add a boiled egg, a dash of sour cream or crispy bacon.