Autumn inspired Chicken Soup
My mom always gets those “life and home magazines” ment for people over 50. They are usually quite cheesy, but sometimes they feature some nice recipes.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
• Ca 600 g chicken thigh meat or 4 fillets. Cut into bite size pieces.
• 1 ½ l chicken stock
• 1 box canned tomatoes
• Zest of a half orange
• 5 potatoes cut into cubes
• 2 large carrots cut into cubes
• 1 leek cut into strips
• 1 yellow onion, finely diced
• ½ fennel cut into cubes
• 4 cloved garlic, chopped or crushed
• ½ tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp basil, or fresh if you have
• Butter or olive oil for frying
• Salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter and fry the onion until it is soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the chicken meat, garlic and orange zest and fry until there is no pink left on the chicken. Pour in the stock, canned tomatoes, vegetables, herbs and spices and bring to a simmer.
Taste the broth and see if you need sugar in it. I like my soup a little less sour, and the sugar mellowed it out a little. Add salt and pepper to taste. Boil the soup about 10-15 until the potatoes are soft and serve with some bread.